Four more days until Valentine’s Day or as some may scream, Single Awareness Day. Regardless of who or how you plan to celebrate your day, I am here to help you make the most out the 24 hour period. This post is for my lovers… Hello Loves, this post is all for you! These tips can be for men or women. I like thinking outside the box and going against the “norm” so I hope you enjoy some of my ideas. I have a post coming for the singles as well…. stay tuned!
1. Breakfast in the morning in bed. Yes, I said this… I am not a morning person and if your loved one knows that fact about you, they will appreciate your effort of getting up before them to cook ( or go get) breakfast for them. If your love works nights, have it ready for them when they get home!
2. Warm up your lovie’s car for them while they get ready for work. Make it really special by having their mug filled with coffee and placed in the beverage holder. Morning run to Starbucks please! ( Women, you can do this for your man 🙂
3. Start a scavenger hunt. Use post-it or notecards and place them places where your love will see them. This may take a two days of planning but I promise it is a big hit! Places can include bathroom, office, cars, parking space, desk, under mats ect… End it with a dinner
4. Hire a personal chef to cook Valentine’s Dinner or maybe a great friend with great cooking skills. Make the occasion dressy, even though you are home. Escape the dull “out to eat” idea with the crowd.
5. Double date with an older couple.YES, double date! Ask them ways they made their relationship last and get them to talk about “ol love stories”. Spend a couple of hours giving but also receiving helpful tips for your relationship
6. Flowers or Edible arrangements hand delivered by you. Surprise your hardworking mate!
7. Make a basket that contains his/her favorite things. This can include: fave candy, fave team, fave perfume/cologne, fave lip gloss, fave beer/liquor, fave snack, fave store gift card, fave pictures, fave electronic, ect… You get the idea. I say include at least 4 favorite things.
8. Write a note of “appreciation” and place in an unexpected spot.
9. Turn your room into a massage parlor and give your mate a 30-45min full body massage. I rather not know the ending to that idea but hopefully its a great one!
10. Rent a fondue machine! Buy some favorite fruits and veggies and make fondue together. Romantic!
11. For the remaining of the week, send flowers or gifts to your love either at office or have at home leading up to the day. Never too late or too early to start.
12. Repair something for your love that he or she have been needing done. Remember some people love “acts of service” and not just gifts.
13. Make a bag/box filled with words that describe your love and things you love/like about them. To make it special, include future plans and ideas.
14. Make a coupon book. Notice I said “make”! Include acts such as: “10 min massage, sunday car wash, cooked dinner Wednesday, laundry day on you” and more. If you make it, definitely honor the coupons lol
15. Ready to take the next stop?? Get a house key made for your love and wrap it in a box. Avoid a ring sized box lol
16. Are you a mother or father? Offer to babysit the kid(s) and allow your mate to go out with friends or even a couple of hours of me-time (spa, nail salon, mall…)
17. Groupon is a life-saver! Check Groupon for great ideas near you. Such ideas include pottery classes, painting classes, mystery dinner, ect… I love mystery dinners!
18. If you are a talented or creative soul, use your talent especially for your love. Create a song for them, paint a picture, sing a song, write a poem…
19. Big Spender? Book a night at a fancy hotel close by and plan a night of romance. Same city but different angle! You do not have to go out-of-town to enjoy a daycation.
20. Together, you and your love can put together a vision board for each other over wine. Perfect way to plan your future together and get tipsy at the same time. Let the good times roll!
21. Cook a nice dinner or dessert together from SCRATCH. Baking cookies or cupcakes are always my favorite. Dont be afraid to get messy with each other…make it fun! Pinterest is a great place to get a variety of recipes to help you in your process.
*** 22. Out of town for the holiday? No worries, pay for a spa day (women) or two tix to a Bball game (men) for your honey and their friend. They can still enjoy a relaxing or fun filled day without your physical presence.
Gifts, flowers and candy are always great ideas however, things that touch the heart and naturally makes a person secure in their relationship and love are always better. Try something different this year and if you have suggestions, feel free to email them to me at: email@example.com or tag/hashtag on twitter and/or instagram.
2 thoughts on “Valentine ideas for my Lovers”
Love these ideas! *taking notes*
Thanks Naya bean!!